- Sirloin Rib Roast, marinaded in olive oil/soy sauce/balsamic vinegar/garlic/white wine and cooked medium well
- Grilled Asparagus with butter
- Roasted New Potatoes with leeks and whole garlic cloves, flavored with rosemary and scallions
- Braised Wild Mushrooms in Killian’s Red
- Beer and bleu cheese sauce for the roast, made by deglazing the roast pan with Killian’s and melting bleu cheese, butter, and a clove of the roasted garlic
After the delicious repast, we exchanged gifts (hey, we’re heading out on Thurs. and wanted some time to enjoy them!). I got a couple of most excellent DVD’s (go Buffy Season 5!), the game Puerto Rico which I am really looking forward to playing, and a Ninetendo Gamecube which I will be supplimenting with many Miyamoto games.