Among the many, many reasons that I will ensure that a Mac Mini is purchased this year are:
- I want a DVR, but don’t want to let Tivo or whoever decide to shut out something with DRM.
- I want a dedicated box to manage my digital media, including music and video.
- I’ve used Macs for a long time for business related things (photo editting, layout, etc.) but never owned one. It’s about time.
- There is amazingly freaking great software like Delicious Library out there, and it’s NOT for Windows.
- It’s got BSD underneath the OS, and it’s trivial to run linux programs from a command line.
- OS X has built in support for a webserver, file server, etc…