Skip to the content
- Lesson One: An untimely reboot will cause write errors.
- Lesson Two: Said write errors, if they occur on the account info of Windows XP, are bad.
- Lesson Three: Being unable to read any account info, Windows XP will happily blue screen and reboot, only to repeat that process forever.
- Lesson Four: Even after editing the password file with a Linux boot disk in hopes of fixing the corruption…no dice.
- Lesson Five: Backup your data, boys and girls. Early and often. Luckily I only lost a handful of files, and spent only most of a weekend reinstalling everything.