I have spoken at national and international conferences, for regional library groups, and for local library groups on topics ranging from implementation and use of Web 2.0 tools in libraries and higher education to mobile technologies and the future of information. I have also led workshops, preconferences, and University-level classes. My areas of interest and expertise include:
- eBooks and eReaders in Libraries
- Gadgets and Personal Electronics in Libraries and Education
- Web Technologies in Libraries and Education
- Mobile Technologies and Ubiquitous Computing
- Intellectual Property and the Digital Revolution
- Copyright and Fair Use
If you are interested in having me speak at your event or workshop, please check out my Video page, as well as my Presentations page. If you think I’m a good match for your event, please drop me an email at griffey at gmail.com. I would love to work with you.
If you are seeking me as a speaker for a conference or other library event, I do have a few requirements that are worth calling out explicitly here. I will not speak at a conference or event that doesn’t include a Code of Conduct for said event, and I will turn down speaking engagements and panels where there is not attention paid to diversity in the makeup of the panel.
I agree with my good friend Jenica in my appreciation of clarity of communications from the event organizer to me, and so I include this in an attempt to begin with clarity of communication from myself to the event organizer.
My standard honorarium for a keynote address varies in regards to the preparation needed, but starts at $2000. In addition, I would expect to have included:
- Round-trip air travel from Nashville or, depending upon timing while I’m at Harvard, from Boston
- All other transportation costs, including mileage to/from airport on both ends of travel
- Minimum 2 nights hotel stay, one the night before I speak and one the night of my speaking engagement
Terms are subject to negotiation, and I am happy to work with groups to find a way to work within their budgets. I am also willing to negotiate for longer/more involved engagements such as consulting and workshops. References for any of the above can be derived from my Vita, or are available on request.