What can I do for your library?
The next stage in my career is going to be helping libraries everywhere be the best they can possibly be. How can I do that? Well, after almost a decade at the forefront of library technology, I have a broad set of knowledge that could be useful to libraries everywhere. I can help your library and librarians with:
- Makerspace and maker equipment planning and training
- Strategic planning for technology in the library
- New building or space planning for patron and staff technology
- LibraryBox building, development, use in outreach, gaming, disaster planning and more…
- Implementation and management of electronics in the library, including iPads, eReaders, and other personal electronics
- Communication planning and structural operations between librarians and external IT
- Hackerspace/Makerspace workshops; Arduino, Raspberry Pi, 3D printing
I’m very interested in talking with libraries and librarians who would benefit from having my experience with library technologies directed at the issues facing them. I would also love to speak at events, staff days, conferences, or other places where a fresh take on technology and libraries might be needed…I have a rich and varied speaking career at this point; check out my CV for examples of the sorts of talks that I’ve given, and feel free to contact me for references.
I’m also interested in what libraries and librarians need, so if the above list isn’t what you’re looking for, let me know. Leave a comment, drop me an email, send me a tweet, whatever you’d like…let me know what would be useful to you and your library. What would be useful for your staff? Where can I do the most good, help the most, be the most effective? I’m interested in reinvention, so if I haven’t thought about your need, let me know.
As noted in my previous post, I’m going to work on LibraryBox over the next couple of months, but I’m interested in helping libraries everywhere be better with technology. Let me know what I can do to help you…email me at email@example.com and let’s work together on how we can make libraries even more awesome.
About this entry
You’re currently reading “What can I do for your library?,” an entry on Pattern Recognition
- 05.22.14 / 2pm