9 ways we'll know that Heroes has jumped the shark
I am absolutely addicted to the new NBC show Heroes. It has everything I want in a serial TV show…good characters, interesting unknowns, and superpowers!
But, in looking to the future, I thought I’d capture for posterity 9 ways that we’ll know that Heroes has jumped the shark.
1. Claire decides that it would be better if everyone has matching uniforms that say “Team Heroes!” on them.
2. It is discovered that the “evolutionary leap” isn’t limited to just humans, and they are joined by Sparky the Dog (power: runs at supersonic speeds and leave a trail of sparks in his wake) and Mongo the Super Intelligent Spider Monkey.
3. Ando wakes up in The Matrix.
4. Horn-Rimmed-Glasses wakes up one morning, rolls over to discover Suzanne Pleshette, and declares that he just had the oddest dream…
5. We discover that all of the Heroes are actually aliens, sent by a galactic invasion team.
6. Pete and Mysterious Black Man end up in the same room, and the whole universe explodes from the interaction of their powers.
7. Claire and Pete continue their verbal flirtation, making it completely aware to everyone around them that they want each other. Then they give in to temptation.
8. Hiro spends an entire episode running towards Radioactive Guy, all the while screaming “KENADAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!” He never gets any closer.
9. It is revealed that the “evolutionary leap” will happen to everyone on Earth soon, and as we know, when everyone is special, it just means no one is.
About this entry
You’re currently reading “9 ways we'll know that Heroes has jumped the shark,” an entry on Pattern Recognition
- 12.05.06 / 8pm
- Digital Culture