Some exciting stuff has been going on over the last few days that point the way towards a possible next-release of Librarybox. Thanks to some code written by Eduardo Robles over at RGVLibroBox and work by Matthias Strubel, we’ve got a proof-of-concept in place for a LibraryBox release written for Piratebox .5.1. This is a huge step, as this release of Piratebox includes a new webserver (lighttpd) and a much-improved website structure, which allows for more customization of interface.
I gave it a first-try last night, and with some more work tonight I’m hopeful that I can have a proof-of-concept to tinker with. After that, I’ll have a much better idea of how much work it will be to get it into shape for a 2.0 release.