- Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
- A Fire Upon the Deep by Verner Vinge
- Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
- The Davinci Code by Dan Brown (the paperback not yet available in the states, but for some reason available in Mexico)
- The Silent Blade by R.A. Salvatore
Not all great literature, but Oryx and Crake was interesting (it wasn’t great sci-fi, but passable). Davinci was a page turner, but was ruined by the Deus Ex Machina ending and some of the ridiculous “eureka” moments. A Fire Upon was brilliant sci-fi, but took me some time to get into…the pack aliens were bizarre before you knew what was going on. The Silent Blade is just typical D&D ficition…not great, but I read it anyway. Sue me. 😛 Me Talk Pretty was great…hilarious as always for Sedaris.